El Jardín Botánico Complutense is a botanical garden located in the Ciudad Universitaria campus, between the Pharmacy and Biology faculties. It is dedicated to botanical education, teaching, and research, and covers an area of 50,000 m2 with over eight hundred botanical species.
In the XVII century, at the Cava Baja street, there was the only flour mill in Madrid, which in 1642 became the first Inn of Court, under the Arabian walls, where it was given food and accommodations to the travellers who arrived at Madrid.
In 1980 the old inn was rescued, after two years of restoration from the ruins by Mr. Félix Colomo, in love with Madrid and with the hotel industry.
La Posada de la Villa has been visited by celebrities from the world of politics, culture, art and sport, as well as the most distinguished public of all the regions of Spain and the whole world. The names of the people who could enjoy with the excellent food of this inn, are written on its chairs.